Being Grateful

Being Grateful

Attitude of Gratitude

Blog post written by Sienna F 

I want you to ask yourself if you have you ever expressed your gratitude to someone special in your life or taken the time to stop and reflect on the opportunities you have access to.

At school, we have all been learning about having an attitude of gratitude and how to be thankful for all we have been given. When we express gratitude, we acknowledge all the positive things in our lives. There are others who are responsible for the goodness in our lives and by regularly expressing our gratitude to them, it helps us to maintain greater happiness.

When we acknowledging the privileges we are bestowed with in everyday life, it helps us to learn to embrace every opportunity we get given to the greatest extent. If we do this we can forget about living our life doubting every decision we make and stop wishing we had taken the chance. Even if those opportunities fail, it helps us to learn and makes our confidence stronger.

Expressing your gratitude is great for your overall health and well being, and helps us acknowledge the simple things in our life that shouldn’t go without notice. We can express our gratitude for one another by keeping a gratitude journal, telling someone how much you care about them to there face, by committing a random act of kindness, by showing respect, by listening or by simply smiling.

For example, the other day I was thinking about how much my friend Mia meant to me, so I decided to send her an email telling her how much I value all that she has done for me. This random act of kindness not only made her feel happier, but helped me to feel more positive about myself.

An American author, Melody Beattie once said,

“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.  Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.”